The Sidran Institute Press, established in 1990, is the publishing division of the Sidran Institute. Specializing in practical tools for healing and for teaching, the Press produces resource materials of the highest caliber for use by professionals, paraprofessionals, survivors and their friends and family. Our authors include leaders in the field of traumatic stress. Among them: Aphrodite Matsakis, Laurie Anne Pearlman, Kay Saakvitne, Maxine Harris, and Jon G. Allen.
In addition to our own publications, we at Sidran Institute have carefully selected the finest books and videos on the subjects of trauma and dissociation from many other publishers and organizations to supplement our own list of books. Please see the Store for a complete list of items that can be purchased. Below is a list of books published by Sidran Institute Press.
SIDRAN INSTITUTE PRESS TITLES
Click on a book cover to see a full description
• Back from the Front: Combat Trauma, Love, and the Family, by Aphrodite Matsakis, Ph.D.
• The Essence of Being Real: Relational Peer Support for Men and Women Who Have Experienced Trauma, Jennifer Wilkerson
• Ethics in Victim Services, Melissa Hook
• Managing Traumatic Stress through Art: Drawing from the Center,
• Meeting at the Crossroads (VIDEO): Cross Training Between Mental Health and Sexual Assault Providers
• Multiple Personality Disorder from the Inside Out, Barry Cohen, Esther Giller, and Lynn W., eds.
• Relational Teaching, Experiential Learning: The Teaching Manual for the Risking
Connection Curriculum, Karen W. Saakvitne and Sarah Gamble
• Restoring Hope and Trust: An Illustrated Guide to Mastering Trauma, Lisa Lewis, Kay Kelly, and Jon Allen • • , Barry Cohen, Esther Giller, and Lynn W., eds.• , Karen W. Saakvitne and Sarah Gamble , Lisa Lewis, Kay Kelly, and Jon Allen • • , Barry Cohen, Esther Giller, and Lynn W., eds.• , Karen W. Saakvitne and Sarah Gamble , Lisa Lewis, Kay Kelly, and Jon Allen
• Risking Connection: A Training Curriculum for Working with Survivors of Childhood Abuse, Karen Saakvitne, Sarah Gamble, Laurie Anne Pearlman, and Beth Tabor Lev
• Risking Connection in Faith Communities, Jackson Day, Elizabeth Vermilyea, Jennifer Wilkerson, and Esther Giller
• Secondary Traumatic Stress: Self-Care Care Issues for Clinicians, Researchers, and Educators, B. Hudnall Stamm, ed.
• Soldier’s Heart: Survivor’s Views of Combat Trauma, Sarah Hansel et al., eds.
• Trauma Research Methodology, Eve Bernstein Carlson, ed.
• The Twenty-Four Carat Buddha and Other Fables: Stories of Self-Discovery, Maxine Harris
• Understanding the Effects of Traumatic Stress: A Training Manual for Community Agencies, Sidran
• Unspeakable Truths and Happy Endings: Human Cruelty and the New Trauma Therapy, Rebecca Coffey
• Vietnam Wives: Facing the Challenges of Life with Veterans Suffering Post Traumatic Stress,Aphrodite Matsakis