Child Abuse Hotlines
- ChildHelp National Child Abuse Hotline: call or text 1-800-422-4453. (Call this number for help if you have been abused, suspect a child or teenager is being sexually abused, or if you are an abuser.) For hearing impaired, call 1-800-222-4523
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Can be used to communicate information to the authorities about child pornography or child sex trafficking. Hotline: 800-THE-LOST (843-5678) or make a cybertip
- List of State Child Abuse and Neglect reporting numbers
Crisis Hotlines (also scroll down to see Suicide Hotlines)
- Crisis Text Line US: Text CONNECT to 741741 in the United States. https://www.crisistextline.org/text-us/
- Crisis Text Line Canada: Text HOME to 686868 in Canada to text with a trained Crisis Responder.
- IMAlive: virtual crisis online chat center https://www.imalive.org/
- Depression Hotline: 1-630-482-9696
Domestic Violence Hotlines
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) Staffed 24 hours a day by trained counselors who can provide crisis assistance and information about shelters, legal advocacy, health care centers, and counseling
- Domestic Abuse Helpline for Men and Women: 1-888-743-5754
- STAND Against Domestic Violence Crisis Hotline: 888-215-5555
Eating Disorders Hotlines:
- National Association of Anorexia Nervosa & Associated Disorders (ANAD): 888-375-7767
Elder Abuse Hotlines:
- Elder Abuse: 877-ELDER-80
Human Trafficking Hotlines:
- National Human Trafficking Hotline: 1-888-373-7888 – OR text 233733. Caller can report a tip; connect with anti-trafficking services in their area; or request training and technical assistance, general information, or specific anti-trafficking resources.
- Parent Hotline: 800-840-6537 Parent Hotline is a website dedicated to helping families who are in a crisis situation.
Rape/Sexual Assault Hotlines:
- The National Sexual Assault Hotline (1.800.656.HOPE) and Online Hotline (rainn.org) offer free, safe and confidential help 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Safe Helpline 877-995-5247 Rainn also operates a sexual assault support line specifically for members of the DoD (Department of Defense) community SafeHelpline.org
- Safe Horizon Rape, Sexual Assault, and Incest hotline: 212.227.3000
- Take Back The Night Foundation Hotline: 567-SHATTER: Legal support for survivors in every state.
- London Victim Support hotline: 0845 303 0900
- Montreal, Quebec Rape Crisis Centre hotline: 514-934-4504
- Ottawa, Ontario Rape Crisis Center hotline: 613-562-2333
- Toronto, Ontario Rape Crisis Centre hotline: (416) 597-1171
- United Kingdom National Helpline: 0808 802 9999 (open daily from 12-2.30pm and 7-9.30pm UK time)
- Victoria, British Columbia Women’s Sexual Assault Centre hotline: 250-383-3232
Runaway or Homeless Youth Hotlines:
- National Runaway Safeline: 1-800-RUNAWAY ( 1-800-786-2929 )-a national, toll-free hotline for runaway and homeless youth, teens in crisis and concerned family/friends. Completely confidential.
- Covenant House 1-800-999-9999(Youth and Parents, 24-hour, toll-free crisis hotline which provides crisis intervention, referral and information services to homeless, runaway and other troubled youth and their families throughout the U.S.
- 1-800-DONT-CUT (366-8288)
- Crime Victims Hotline: 1-866-689-HELP (4357)
- Safe Horizon: 1-800-621-HOPE (4673).
Substance Abuse/Alcholism Hotlines:
- Alcohol Abuse and Crisis Intervention: 800-234-0246
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Helpline and Treatment: 800-234-0420
- The Alcohol & Drug Addiction Resource Center: 800-390-4056
- Alcohol Hotline Support & Information: 800-331-2900
Suicide Hotlines in the United States:
- National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-784-2433
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (24/7)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline in Spanish 1-800-799-4889
- National Suicide Prevention Text line: 1-800-799-4889
- Suicide Hotlines by State- comprehensive list of suicide hotlines by state
Suicide Hotlines International:
- Argentina: 54-0223-493-0430
- Australia: 13 11 14
- Belgium: 106
- Canada (Ontario): 519-416-486-2242
- Canada (Alberta): 1-888-787-2880
- Canada (British Columbia): 1-866-872-0113
- Canada (Quebec): 514-723-4000
- China: 852-2382-0000
- Costa Rica: 506-253-5439
- Germany: 0800-181-0721
- India: 92-22-307-3451
- Ireland: 44-0-8457-90-90-90
- Israel: 1201
- Japan: 3-5286-9090
- Mexico: 525-510-2550
- South Africa: 0861-322-322
- Spain: 717 003 717
- Switzerland: 143
- Thailand: 02-249-9977
- Ukraine: 0487- 327715
- United Kingdom: 08457-90-90-90
- United Kingdom: Text 07725 90 90 90
- Zimbabwe: 080 12 333 333
- More Countries: Suicide Hotlines in other Countries
- Befrienders Worldline: Find Hotlines and Textlines in other Countries
Surrender Your Baby Hotlines:
- National Safe Haven Alliance Crisis Hotline: 1-888-510-BABY Call this toll free numbers if you want to surrender your baby or are pregnant and have questions about how the “Safely Surrendered Baby” laws in your state can help you. There are “safe surrender” sites in many locations—usually any hospital, fire station, lifeguard station—where you can safely hand over your baby with no questions asked. There are laws in place to protect your privacy and ensure that your baby is not abandoned in an unsafe place when you are in crisis.
Veterans Crisis Hotlines:
- Military Helpline: 1-888-HLP-4-VET ( 1-888-457-4838) – Anonymous, free help for veterans, members of the military and their families
- National Call Center for Homeless Veterans: 1.877.4AID.VET (424.3838)
- Safe Helpline 877-995-5247 A sexual assault support line specifically for members of the DoD (Department of Defense) community, operated by Rainn SafeHelpline.org
- VA National Caregiver Support Line: 1-855-260-3274 (M-F 8am-11pm, Sat 10:30am-6pm)
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255, press 1 (text 838255) or Confidential Veterans Chat with a counselor
Youth/Teen Crisis Intervention Hotlines:
- Boystown National Hotline: 800-448-3000 or TTY: 800-448-3000 Assists youth, and their family/friends, who are affected by self-harm and other issues
- LGBT Youth Suicide Hotline: 866-4-U-TREVOR OR text “Trevor” to 1-202-304-1200. (Available Tuesday-Friday between 3pm – 9pm EST/12pm – 6pm PT)
- National Youth Crisis Hotline: 800-448-4663 -Provides 24/7 short-term counseling and referrals to local drug treatment centers, shelters, and counseling services. Responds to youth dealing with pregnancy, molestation, suicide, and child abuse.
- Teen Text Line: Text TEEN 839863 Daily from 6pm-9pm PST
- Youthline: 1-877-YOUTHLINE (1-877-968-8454): Toll-free teen crisis line that links teens to community based peer counseling hotlines in the nation.
- Youth Development International Crisis Hotline: 800-HIT-HOME (448-4663): This youth crisis hotline provides crisis intervention counseling, information and referral on youth issues, child abuse, pregnancy, runaways, suicide, shelters, churches, transportation and more.
Warmlines are for when you need someone to talk to but are not in crisis: http://warmline.org/- lists warmlines by state
7238 Muncaster Mill Road
Derwood, MD 20855
Help Desk: 410-825-8888, EXT. 102