Sidran Institute develops and delivers trauma-focused
- books, workbooks, and DVDs
- assessment and teaching tools
- educational programs for the general public
- training and consultation for clinical and frontline audiences
- design and consultation on trauma-informed services
- pilot and demonstration projects on collaborative trauma services
- resources customized to meet the needs of specific consumer and provider populations
Sidran is known for raising the level of understanding and competence in regard to traumatic stress conditions by building collaborations with and between
- nonprofit organizations
- private providers
- government agencies (local, county, state, and federal) and public sector services
- corporations and industry
Sidran’s trauma training is customized to the specific needs of each individual audience.
Risking Connection®: A Training Curriculum for Working with Survivors of Childhood Abuse, a manualized framework for implementing trauma-informed services in multidisciplinary settings, created in partnership with clinical staff of the Traumatic Stress Institute in South Windsor, CT, and the state mental health departments and consumer networks of Maine and New York.
Risking Connection® in Faith Communities, created in partnership with the International Conference of War Veteran Ministers and a multi-faith editorial advisory board.
NEW! Survivor Moms’ Companion, a manualized curriculum and intervention for trauma survivors who are pregnant and/or are new Moms. Delivered through specially-trained prenatal and postnatal care services.
The Sidran Institute specializes in practical tools for healing and for teaching. Our resources are for use by professionals, paraprofessionals, survivors and their friends and family.
NOTE: Sidran Institute is not accepting new manuscripts at this time.
The Sidran Bookshelf consists of
- agency training manuals
- assessment tools
- consumer-recovery workbooks
Our proprietary titles are routinely adopted for course use by professional schools.
We have combined our own publications with the best available and hard-to-find books and audio/visual materials from other publishers and have made them available in the Sidran Bookshelf.
For over 20 years, Sidran’s Help Desk has responded to hundreds of contacts every month from trauma survivors, their friends and families, and care providers to share trauma information resources, such as names of local, trauma-knowledgeable therapy providers, support groups, and reading materials.
Sidran’s Help Desk is currently administered by faculty and students from the Trauma Resolution Integration Program, in the Department of Psychological Services, Nova Southeastern University.
At Sidran we are proud of our record of collaborative enterprise with a diverse range of organizations. Most of our major projects, proprietary publications, and training programs have sprung from collaborative relationships. Among many others, we have had long and successful relationships with:
State and Municipal government agencies
- Department of Mental Health, King County, Washington
- Chicago Department of Public Health
- Maine Department of Mental Health, Mental Retardation, and Substance Abuse Services
- Maryland Department of Mental Health and Hygiene
- Maryland Department of Social Services
- New York State Office of Mental Health
- The National Center on Domestic Violence, Trauma & Mental Health
- The National Center for Trauma Informed Care
- U.S. Bureau of Primary Health Care
- U.S. Center for Mental Health Services
- U.S. Center for Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment
- U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Victims of Crime and Office of Violence against Women
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency
- U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs, National Center for PTSD
National and international nonprofit organizations and universities
- Anxiety Disorders Association of America
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Critical Incident Stress Foundation
- Department of Psychological Services, Nova Southeastern University
- International Conference of War Veteran Ministers
- International Society for the Study of Dissociation
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- Institute on Violence, Abuse and Trauma
- Jewish Women International
- Klingberg Family Centers
- National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors
- Rape and Incest National Network
- School of Nursing, University of Michigan
- School of Social Work, University of Buffalo
- Victims’ Assistance Legal Organization (VALOR)
7220 Muncaster Mills Road,
Derwood, MD 20855
Help Desk: 410-825-8888, EXT. 102